This is probably the easiest egg fortified breakfast you can make, yet create a big impression. It is simple and quick to make first thing in the morning. I think it is a great idea for anyone who is in a rush in the mornings, yet craves a warm breakfast. It will be a hit with kids as well because you get cheesy goodness mixed in with a creamy flavorful egg yoke, all encompassed with warm fresh bread. It is simple to whip up in the morning for a large crowd with very little time and effort.
Makes 1 serving.
1 Slice of quality bread (preferably at least one inch thick or a brioche)
2 Slices of Swiss Cheese (Fontina Cheese is also very good with this.)
Salt and Pepper for taste (optional)
1. Take the crust of the bread and push down the center of the bread to create a whole.
2. Separate the egg yoke from the whites. Save the whites for other cooking.
3. Pour the egg yoke into the center of the bread.
4. Place Swiss Chees all around the egg yoke on the bread.
5. Place on a cookie sheet and broil for 5 minutes or until all the cheese is melted and slightly golden. The purpose is not really to cook the egg but to melt the cheese.
6. Sprinkle with Salt and Pepper for taste (optional).