These are the simplest peanut butter cookies you can make with an added a touch of chocolatey hazelnut to them to amplify the nutty goodness of these cookies. I use four basic ingredients to make the thumbprint peanut butter cookies and then a dollop of Nutella to finish it off.
The best part about this recipe is that if you are on a low carb diet, then you can tweak it to still enjoy the sweet goodness. Just switch you your favorite sugar substitute for the sugar. With the holidays approaching, a quick cookie recipe such as this can come in handy and the finishing touches make it look fancy enough for any holiday party or gift. I think the heartiness of chunky peanut butter makes these cookies ideal for either fall or winter celebrations. You can always use creamy peanut butter as well, but I like the extra nuttiness that the chunky peanut butter gives each bite.
1 cup chunky peanut butter
1 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ cup Nutella
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix peanut butter, sugar, baking soda and egg together in a bowl until smooth and creamy. Roll mixture into small balls and arrange on a baking sheet 1 inch.
- Then press your thumb into the center of each ball.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Cool cookies on the baking sheet for 2 minute.
- Fill the center of your cookies with a dollop of the Nutella.
- Serve on a cookie platter.