Need a last-minute holiday gift or treat? Chocolate Dipped Oreos are the easiest and prettiest treat you can make tonight. With Christmas Eve being right around the corner tomorrow a Chocolate Dipped Sandwich Cookie idea using Oroes may be just what you need. Chocolate Dipped Oreos are simple enough to make with your kids and you can turn this into a holiday staple for your family effortlessly. Giving store bought Oreos a good dunking in rich chocolate makes them a little more special and people appreciate your effort when you gift them. They are delicious and you can decorate them with a few chocolate streaks like I did or you can go crazy with the toppings if you’d like!
Don’t be afraid to crush candy canes to sprinkle them on top for added flavor and Peppermint Chocolate Dipped Oreos.
Use Red Velvet Oreos for dipping to get a red center and make a bigger holiday splash.
Sprinkle the cookies with chopped nuts, coconut, small candies, or sprinkles while the chocolate is still wet.
Wrap the cookies in cellophane for gifting or place them in a pretty cookie box.
OREO cookies (we any kind)
Chocolate chips (milk and white chocolate)
- Place parchment paper or wax paper on a flat work surface.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate melts in 30 second increments, stirring between each heating. Heat until chocolate is smooth and there are no lumps (your chocolate chips may have melting instructions and you can use them instead as well).
- Dip one cookie at a time into the chocolate, coating completely. Lift out cookie with a fork and shake gently side-to-side to remove excess chocolate. Lay cookie on parchment paper or wax paper. Repeat until all the cookies are dipped.
- Transfer some of the melted chocolate to a paper cone or a plastic bag with the tip snipped off. Drizzle the white chocolate in thin lines over the milk chocolate dipped cookies and vice versa.
- Let the cookies set until chocolate is hard. Remove from paper and place in an airtight container. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.