Welcome to our second Spoonful of Melody Monday Link Up. This Link Up happens on the last Monday of each month and bloggers have one month to add links to their blog posts here. You can link any post related to music or food that you would like. This is a great way to build a blogging audience and connect with fellow bloggers. Read on and be sure to Link Up at the bottom of this post before leaving.
Each month I also feature a post from the Link Up Party. So, keep coming to link up and you have a chance to be featured. This months’ feature is Mama Globetrotter.
Feature Link Up Post
Last week we celebrated Chinese New Year and we loved Mama Globetrotter’s post on Chinese New Years Eve Décor and Recipe For Firecracker Shrimp with Tangy Chili Sauce
Now on to this month’s Link Up Party!
An Oscar Worthy Song and Meal
Sunday night I had this post for Spoonful of Melody in mind while I was watching the Oscars. I actually enjoy watching performances of the soundtracks that are nominated for an Academy Award and it triggered my curiosity about the winner of the first Academy Award for Best Original Song. A quick Google search and lo and behold the king and queen of Hollywood musicals, Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers was dancing to “The Continental” in the The Gay Divorcee. “The Continental” is a song written by Con Conrad with lyrics by Herb Magidson, and was introduced by Ginger Rogers in the film. It was the largest dance routine in the film at a whopping 22 minutes long. The song in the film included all the art deco glamour of the period with an elaborate dance number and numerous dancers. “The Continental” won the very first Academy Award for Best Original Song in 1934.
It was tough to find a clip of the song in its entirety, however I finally found two videos that pretty much show you what the song was all about from beginning to end. The first part starts with Rogers singing the lyrics to the tune and then they move on to the dance number in the second clip.
It’s such a lively song with an old time glamorous night club vibe to it and it is a perfect Oscar night soundtrack as well. Such glamorous music deserves a glamourous meal, so I put together some giant Tuscan Style Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms alongside hearty flame broiled steaks. The mushrooms are robust and full of various flavors in the stuffing just like the various tunes in the song. Pop a bottle of champagne with this meal and you will be doing “The Continental just like The Gay Divorce”!
Tuscan Style Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
2 Teaspoons Olive oil, Divided
1 Minced Garlic Clove
¼ Cup Chopped tomatoes
¼ Cup Pepper Jack Cheese
1 Chopped Jalapeno Pepper
2 Tablespoon Feta Cheese Crumbles
1/3 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs
1 Tablespoon Chopped Parsley
2 Tablespoon Chopped Basil
2 Tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
Salt to Taste
- Remove brown gills from undersides of mushrooms using a spoon; discard gills. Set mushroom caps aside.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic sauté 2 minutes.
- Transfer garlic to a medium bowl; stir in remaining 1 teaspoon oil and all remaining ingredients.
- Divide filling evenly among mushrooms, spooning onto gill sides.
- Grill 7 minutes or bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Transfer the mushrooms to a serving platter and serve.
Hope you enjoyed and please Link Up!
Please link a post on your blog about a favorite song, recipe or both if you like using the inlinkz tools bellow.
The Rules To Our Party:
It’s pretty simple…
1. Link up an original post from your blog with photos you own only – post subject should be music, recipe or pairings of both. By posting here you give Love.Food.Life.Alchemy the rights to use the photos and content from your post.
2. Share about the link up by grabbing our badge from bellow and including it on the bottom of your post or just add a link to this post somewhere on your blog.
3. Follow Love.Food.Life.Alchemy and leave a thoughtful comment on this post. This month I would love to hear about your favorite moments from the Oscars.
4. Visit as many blogs as possible and spread the love & follow back.
Now It’s Your Turn!
Grab Our Badge and Link Up