I spent the weekend giving my blog a new face. So, what do you all think? I would love to get some feedback. I did it all by myself and it took a lot of time because I’m not a techy and I had to do a lot of Googling to get it all done. I have to say, that once I finally discovered this theme, it made it all a lot easier. I’m so thankful that someone thought it all through and designed this sweet little theme. Anyway, all this designing has worn me out. I don’t feel like I had a break this weekend and I think I screwed up my diet, just a tad bit.
Well, it was Super Bowl weekend. I didn’t have that Red Beer I made on Friday, I served it to the hubby and sipped on a bit of tomato juice myself. But, keep in mind that tomato juice has sugar. It is worse than eating a simple slice of tomato because you have to squeeze a whole lot of tomatoes to get that juice. I need not mention that alcohol is a no-no on the Metabolism Miracle Diet.
That was my Friday. I actually did pretty well during the Super Bowl. I made my own tortilla chips using low carb tortilla. I cut the tortilla into 8 triangles, so my one piece of tortilla with 3 grams of carb was split into 8 tortilla chips. I made a great spinach dip and I fit right into the party. Here is the recipe for simple baked tortilla chips.
Baked Tortilla Chips (Low Carb)
1 (12 ounce) package flour tortillas (For Low Carb use Mission Carb Balance Tortillas)
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon salt
You can spice it up with these optional spices
3 tablespoons lime juice
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cut each tortilla into 8 chip sized wedges and arrange the wedges in a single layer on a cookie sheet.
- Use a mister to spray the oil on the add lime juice to the oil if you are adding spices.
- Sprinkle salt on the chips, if you want the spices, combine the cumin, chili powder and salt in a small bowl and on the chips.
- Bake for about 7 minutes.