Since Valentine’s Day is coming up in a few days, I thought it was time to do a breakfast recipe. While everyone else is planning their Valentine’s Dinner at the end of the day this Wednesday night, you can easily surprise your special person with a special breakfast first thing in the morning.What to do for a mid-week Valentine’s Day breakfast? A Dutch Baby is simple to make with only four ingredients yet is an elegant alternative to pancakes that presents itself as light and fluffy indulgence.
A Dutch Baby is a slightly sweet German Pancake. You can prepare it quickly and it comes out huge and puffy, making it an impressive presentation for your Valentine’s Day table. You can make it in a large ramekin like dish, but it will be great if you have a cast iron pan. Serve it directly in the cast iron pan with a few lemon wedges and sprinkled with powdered sugar.
2 tbsp butter
3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup milk
- fresh lemons (optional for serving)
- powdered sugar (optional for serving)
- Place butter in a cast iron pan.
- Put the pan in oven and preheat to 425 degrees.
- While the oven is preheating mix the rest of the ingredients in a bowl using a whisk.
- When oven is preheated, and the butter is melted pour in the batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Top with a generous squeeze of lemon juice and a sprinkle of powdered sugar (optional).
- Serve immediately