You know when you crave that cinnamon roll, but you just don’t have the time or ingredients that you need to bake them nor do you want to drive around in the rain to go buy some? Well, guess what! You may have the ingredients that you need to get that cinnamon roll fix without a whole lot of hard work.
It’ gloomy days like the one we are having today when I want the warm ooey-gooey mess of a cinnamon roll, so I made a quick alternative that has all the ingredients you need for that taste. Instead of spending a whole lot of time to make the dough for your cinnamon roll, you can use fluffy flatbread and the filling of a cinnamon roll just as it may usually be. Top it off with sugary icing and you are set. My recipe for Cinnamon Roll Flat Bread is quick and easy. You can roll it up and bite into it or dip it in extra icing if you want to be really naughty.
2 pieces Flat Bread or Naan
1/2 cup (packed) golden brown sugar
1 tablespoons ground cinnamon
1/4 stick unsalted butter, melted
1 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoon milk
¼ cup cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Place flatbread on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, cinnamon and butter and stir until ingredients are combined.
- Spoon mixture over flatbread.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until sugar mixture begins to melt and naan begins to brown. Let cool slightly.
- Mix sugar and milk together and add cream cheese. Mix until smooth.
- Spoon icing into a zip-top plastic bag. Snip 1 corner of bag, and drizzle icing over warm flatbread.
- Serve Immediately.