How are you doing with staying cool this summer? It’s important to stay hydrated in this type of weather, so that you can stay healthy and energized. It’s really important to do the same for your kids, who tend to be more active and like to play outdoors. I know it’s tuff to get some kids to drink water. However, a nice red drink that tastes supper lemony with yummy cherry flavors that most kids love should get them gulping.
This Cherry Limeade is much more fresh and has much less sugar than a lot of what you can buy in the stores. It’s pretty easy to make a quick pitcher.
2/3 cup sugar
2 2/3 cup water
1/2 cup lime juice (approximately 4 1/2 limes)
1 1/2 cups pure cherry juice
Lime slices and fresh cherries for garnish
- Begin by dissolving the sugar in 2/3 cup water over medium heat to create a simple syrup. Set aside when done to let cool completely.
- While the simple syrup is cooling, juice the limes.
- Pour simple syrup in a pitcher, add the lime juice, cherry juice and water.
- Stir all together to combine well and serve immediately over crushed ice or cover and refrigerate.
- Garnish with cherries and lime slices
For a little fizz, use 2 cups of club soda rather than water for a carbonated drink. Pour the club soda into the pitcher just before serving.