The heat is on! I think there is a song with those lyrics. With this kind of scorching heat, we have to keep hydrated and one of the best summer fruits to do that for you is watermelon. The juicy sweet high water content fruit will satiate your thirst and hunger.
In keeping with my commitment to watermelon recipes for August, today I have the simplest watermelon recipe that is a lot of fun for kids and families. Watermelon Sticks with Creamy Sweet Dip are fabulous finger food. Serve it at your net BBQ to snack on or set it by the pool on a lazy summer afternoon. Anyway you serve it, these watermelon sticks are bound to go fast, so make sure you have plenty for everyone.
The most complicate part of this recipe (which is not really hard) is cutting your watermelon into sticks. The following are the steps to cutting your watermelon into sticks:
How To Cut Watermelon Sticks In 4 Easy Steps
1. Slice your watermelon in half.
2. Then you take one half and make about 2-inch slices going in one direction.
3. Then take your knife a carefully cut 2-inch slices going in the other direction.
4. You can cut the green ends of the stick off or leave them on (it’s a preference)
Now that the technical part is covered here is the recipe for Watermelon Sticks with Creamy Sweet Dip.
4 ounces sour cream
4 ounces cream cheese
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
Fresh watermelon, cut into sticks
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sour cream until smooth.
- Add honey, cinnamon, and vanilla. Continue to stir until completely mixed.
- Place in a fridge for 1 to 2 hours, or until cold.
- Serve dip and watermelon sticks together.