As promised, I have posted here the recipes from our holiday popcorn swap. I want to thank our contributors for these fun and flavorful recipes to make everyday popcorn more exciting.
All three batches of popcorn are packed and ready to ship to our contributors. I have individually packaged them so they are ready for gift giving if you desire or just pretty to open for yourself. I think they turned out to look quite festive.
I got these lovely favor boxes from ChicWeddingFavors.com that were just the perfect size for the batches on popcorn.
I hope to continue this as an annual tradition and grow our participants each year. With no further delay here are all three recipes from our 2104 swap.
Holiday Popcorn Recipe by Kelly T. Sirois
- 2 bags of 365 Everyday Value Organic Microwave Popcorn from Whole Foods – popped – you can add anyone of these flavors that they provide: cinnamon sugar, maple sugar & toasted pecans, honey & pecans, chocolate chips & mini marshmallows or citrus salt.
- 1 (24 oz.) package white bark coating
- 1 1/2 T. coconut oil
- 3/4 red and green M&M’s
- 1/4 c. finely crushed candy canes (approximately 5 full sized candy canes)
- Follow the directions on the bag and pop it. Place popped popcorn in a large bowl.
- Add the seasoning pack if you decided to add one of the flavors we suggested.
- Melt white bark coating and coconut oil together in the microwave. Follow the package instructions (generally 30 second intervals, stirring in between).
- Pour melted sweet sauce over popcorn; gently toss it with a large spatula to coat the popcorn.
- Sprinkle M&Ms and finely crushed candy canes on top and toss again. Spread out on waxed paper to set. Store it in an air tight container to keep it fresh.
Rosemary Parmesan Popcorn by Eventrendsetter.com
- 4 quarts air popped popcorn
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary minced
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1. Heat the olive oil and rosemary in a small saucepan over medium heat until fragrant, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the parmesan, salt, and pepper and toss to combine.
3. Serve fresh and warm.
Caramel and Dark Chocolate Popcorn Crunch by Yours Truly
- 1 Bag of microwaved popcorn
- 1 cup of mixed nuts
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cups dark chocolate baking chips
- 1 teaspoons shortening
- Separate the popcorn into equally into three bowls. Set one bowl aside.
- Put half cup of nuts in each of the other two bowls and mix with the popcorn.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine brown sugar, corn syrup, butter and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in baking soda (mixture will foam). Quickly pour over one bowl of popcorn and nuts then mix well. Transfer to a greased 15x10X1-in. baking pan and bake ½ hour or until dry, stirring every 15 minutes.
- In a microwave, melt dark chocolate add 1 teaspoon shortening and stir until smooth. Drizzle over second bowl of popcorn and nuts. Spread out on waxed paper to set.
- Mix the two mixtures of popcorn and nuts with the third bowl of popcorn in a large bowl and serve.